Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas was great! On Christmas Eve we made sugar cookies for Santa and we cooked for our "appetizer" night. We made spinach/artichoke dip, hamburger dip, little smokies, cheese & crackers, chicken crispers, and pop. Brett's parents came over to eat with us and to watch the kids open their p.j.'s and gifts to eachother. It's funny to see what the kids pick out for eachother. They really do give it a lot of thought and pick things they know their siblings would like. After the presents, we watched our traditional "Polar Express." I love that movie! On Christmas morning we started opening up presents about 6:30. Rachel and Aaron were up in Aaron's room around 6:00 and then finally woke up Emilee and Sarah. They were so excited! Rachel and Aaron fell while running into the living room. Rachel got her camera, Aaron got a rifle gun that shoots rubberbands, Emilee got her webkinz, Sarah got her pollypockets, and of course, they got wii games. We had Christmas morning with our family and then went over to Brett's parents' house for breakfast and presents. Later that night my sister, Lisa, and her family came up from Clinton and we had Christmas dinner together. I like to do a Christmas thought on Christmas night and this year I asked my niece, Paige, to sing the song, "Christmas Is A Feeling" with me. I think it turned out great and I had so much fun singing with her. Thanks Paige! It is always a lot of fun to see my sister's family and I feel pretty lucky that her adult children still want to come to my house, especially when it's snowing - no let me rephrase that - especially when it's a blizzard outside!! We like white christmas's, but the snow that night was a little ridiculous! It feels like Christmas has gone by much too fast but I hope our family can keep the spirit of Christmas throughout the year.

No comments:

Followers